Alleged child abuse material possession by self-described journalist Landon Germanotta-Mills
Consensus Summary
Landon Germanotta-Mills, a 27-year-old self-described investigative journalist, was arrested in Sydney’s Waterloo in late November 2025 after police allegedly discovered thousands of files depicting child and animal abuse material on his devices. He faces 14 charges, including possession and dissemination of the material, which prosecutors claim was shared through encrypted platforms and involved occult or satanic themes. Germanotta-Mills was granted bail in April 2026 under strict conditions, including a digital blackout, but was re-arrested in early May for breaching those conditions. Court documents reveal he allegedly claimed the material was collected for investigative purposes, though prosecutors argue it demonstrates his active participation in an international network. The case will resume on May 27, with concerns raised about potential evidence tampering due to the material’s online accessibility. While all sources agree on the core allegations, discrepancies exist in the exact number of files found and the timeline of his initial arrest.
✓ Verified by 2+ sources
Key details reported by multiple sources:
- Landon Germanotta-Mills was arrested in Waterloo, Sydney, on November 27, 2025, for alleged possession, access, and dissemination of child abuse and bestiality material.
- He faces 14 charges related to child abuse and bestiality material, including possession, access, and dissemination.
- During arrest, Germanotta-Mills allegedly told police he was an investigative journalist and claimed the material was on his devices to 'build a bigger case up'.
- He was granted bail on April 28, 2026, under strict conditions, including daily police reporting, home detention, passport surrender, and a ban on internet-capable devices.
- Prosecutors allege Germanotta-Mills operated five accounts on a cloud-based storage platform between October 2023 and November 2025, storing over 6,800 files of child and animal abuse material.
- He allegedly joined a Telegram chat group called 'boys Mega link exchange' with 97 other participants, used to share child abuse material.
- Germanotta-Mills is 27 years old and previously worked as an independent journalist for the Underground Media Network and as a production assistant at Network 10 (2015–2017).
- NSW Police allege the material involved 'ritualistic and satanic' themes, including symbols and occult references.
- Germanotta-Mills will next appear in court on May 27, 2026.
Points of Difference
Details reported by only one source:
- Germanotta-Mills was re-arrested on May 8, 2026, for breaching bail conditions, with footage of the arrest partially published on social media.
- The re-arrest occurred at approximately 4:30 PM on Thursday, May 8, 2026, at his bail address (location unnamed for legal reasons).
- Sex Crimes Squad Commander Jayne Doherty stated police would allege the group engaged in conversations involving 'symbols and rituals linked to Satanism and the occult'.
- Prosecutors expressed concerns during the bail hearing that Germanotta-Mills could remotely access evidence due to the material being 'still live'.
- The accused allegedly told police he was an abuse victim and did not like having the material on his devices.
- Germanotta-Mills allegedly told a Telegram user, 'Young doesn’t matter what age,' when soliciting child abuse material.
- The Crown’s case statement described the material as including 'grave sexual acts that involve a high degree of depravity and wanton cruelty towards very young children, including babies'.
- Germanotta-Mills allegedly operated five accounts on an encrypted cloud-based storage and communication service, accessing 6,880 files of child abuse material and receiving 127 files via Telegram chats.
Where the reporting differs
Details that conflict, or appear in only some outlets:
- Article 1 states Germanotta-Mills was arrested on November 27, 2025, while Article 2 mentions the initial arrest occurred on November 25, 2025.
- Article 1 reports 217 child abuse files and 91 bestiality files were found, while Article 3 states 691 child abuse files and 124 bestiality files were found on his devices (Article 2 mentions 6,800 files total across accounts).
- Article 1 does not mention the Telegram chat quote 'Young doesn’t matter what age,' which is only reported in Article 3.
Source Articles
Harrowing find on alleged predator’s phone
An alleged child predator told police he was “building a case” when hundreds of abuse files were found on his phone, newly released documents say.
Fresh blow for alleged satanic pedo
A man who allegedly accessed thousands of images and videos depicting harrowing acts of child and animal abuse has again run foul of the law.
Self-described journalist allegedly accessed 6,880 child abuse files
A self-described journalist has been granted bail after telling police he accessed "satanic" child abuse files to "build a bigger case" up against the abuse ring detectives were investigating.